Sunday, April 3, 2011

Super

Movies can be hit or miss. I'm always very excited, therefore, when a movie with a great premise and promising execution emerges into the full beam of Hollywood's limelight. I'm not particularly news-savvy when it comes to remaining up-to-date on current affairs, so I usually hear about such matters through friends who are somewhat news-competent. This is how I came to hear about "Super."

To those familiar with the tv show "The Office", all I need say is it's a comedy about Dwight's actor as a superhero. Given that information alone, I'm already anxious to see it upon its release in a week. The very fact of my eagerness then further amplifies my general delight, in that rarely do I hear about a movie before its release, and thus rarely have the opportunity to become enthusiastic. But this year is brimming with potential in the fanciful world of cinema. 

Also due to come out this year are multiple superhero movies: "Thor", "Captain America" and "Green Lantern". Also the final installment of the "Harry Potter" series. Beyond this summer buzz is another rendition of "The Three Musketeers" in October!

No comments:

Post a Comment